Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Latest Obsession


I don't have a craft today. I know, I know. It's crafty Wednesday, but we will have to play crafts later. I have something to show and tell you about that has me more excited about creativity than anything has in a long while!

Creative Types had better brace themselves.

I found a site called Spoonflower. Spoonflower is a fabric printing shop. A real fabric printing shop. I'm talking yards and bolts and fat quarters, oh my! The price of the fabric is not cheap, but it's less expensive than designer fabric (read: Lily Pulitzer) and the cool thing is that it IS designer fabric - YOUR DESIGNS!

You can sign up for a free account and start uploading your images. You can have fabric of a drawing, painting, photographs, graphic design… anything! Imagine an apron made with your child's drawings! Imagine that painting of a sunflower that would make the cutest pattern on a dress! Don't even get me started on Christmas gift possibilities!

Your image must be 150 dpi (dots per inch) whether your scanning or creating digitally and all uploads must be less than 30 MB. Prices start at $5 for an 8 x 8 swatch, so if you want some unique one of a kind quilt squares, just upload an 8 x 8 image at 150 dpi and, Ta-da! (sigh) It's so exciting!

And others can order your fabric too, and you will get a 10% designer comission. Your designs always remain your personal property and you may remove your "fabric" from the site at anytime and they will not reprint it unless you re-post the image.

I already have 5 fabrics posted and am eagerly awaiting their arrival in the mail! (eek!)

Here's what has kept me from my regular crafting - plus, it is easier for me to create digital graphics while nursing my baby than attempt other creative endeavors. Each week they have a contest for $100 store credit, and YOU KNOW I've been working on entries since I found this site!

This week's theme is puppet patterns. The deadline was Tuesday so you can't enter it, but you can vote! (this past week's contest , some very cool cocktail fabrics, may still be accepting votes but the puppet patterns should be up soon!)

Here's my entry for this week's contest!


Grab a vine and swing by www.spoonflower.com to learn more and to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment