Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Kind of Store

Clothes…

I hate my clothes.

I wish Tim Gunn were my uncle. I keep a picture of him on my refrigerator to remind me to take care of my appearance. Yes, as a mother of three, I am sad to say that I am 'one of those' women who have succumbed to ponytails and t-shirts. I dream of being that glamour mom, you know, the one with perfectly coiffed hair, an outfit that doesn't look like she had to do the 'sniff' test before donning it. They type with manicured nails, walk with hair-free legs, and dress their children in co-ordinated outfits.

I know these women exist. They are there to show us what could be, and we (I'm talking to all the moms out there who have succumbed like I have) tell ourselves that these mothers must have unhappy children who are robots or will grow up to be heartless, money grubbing Wall Street types. But I don't think that's true, at least not for all of them.

And I'm not talking about keeping up with the Jones'. I am talking about looking our best. About "making it work."

It has to start somewhere, and for me, it begins with clothes.

I have found my perfect store. It's called Mod Cloth. The ideal me would have these clothes in her closet and what's more, she'd wear them! 

I Only Have Eyes For This Dress  $189.99

I would get this for my girlfriend's wedding if it weren't so white.

Earth Angel Dress  $199.99


Lovely Lace Shirt  $34.99



Now, here are two shirts I would feel good about wearing with jeans!

Kabhi Khushi Top $47.99






Turquoise Poise Trench  $109.99





Peanut Butter Ruffle Dress  $57.99




Beach Blanket Bingo Two Piece in Red  $89.99




Bathing Beauty One Piece in Emerald  $89.99





Bow-llerina Flat in Pas de BourrĂ©e  $31.99



2 comments:

  1. My best friends is one of those moms - always looks INCREDIBLE!! It stresses me out!
    That bathing suit looks like it might hide a few of the unwanted areas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mod Cloth too! Also, Tulle (if you get on their e-mail list, they have secret super sales. Last year I got a dress for 3.99 and a pair of shorts for 2.99.... incredible!)

    ReplyDelete