Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ombre Hair

I may be slow on the draw with this new hair trend, after all, I'm more of a retro goddess than a trendy maven.  But this is one trend that I may be able to embrace.

When done well, this look is 'stop you in your tracks' gorgeous. You'll know when you see it. At first I thought this looked best with punky colours, it is easiest to do it this way. Bleach your ends (unless you're blonde) and dye your tips a fun colour. When you get sick of it, get a hair cut!



But I've seen some "natural" hues with this technique, and they are breathtaking. A natural look may be more difficult to pull off, as you need to be very careful of colour selection and application, lest you look like you are growing out your roots. But take a look at these beauties.


Check out "Lauren Does Hair" for more info on this hot trend!

So what do you think?
Is the Ombre Hair trend a do or a don't?

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this, but for the last year or so, I have wanted to do just this with my hair! I want something pinkish or burgandyish or purplish for the tips. Sounds so fun to me....and I'm not usually one to go extreme on my hair. The only thing holding me back is not being sure how to do it myself, and do it well.

    Really love this!

    ReplyDelete