Monday, August 2, 2010

Tea Time for the Birds!

This week's theme is Tea Time!

I found this bird feeder tutorial at Cap Creations. I slightly altered the materials used. Copper pipe is EXPENSIVE! And copper probably looks better, but for my birdy tea party we used 1" PVC pipe end caps and 3/4" black steal pipes. Much less expensive, especially if you are making several, and we are all crafty types here, so making 1 just will not do!

The kids and I all picked out our own tea cups at our favourite thrift store and then hit our local hardware store for the pipe, end cap (both found in the plumbing section) and super all-weather glue. We glued the cups to the saucers, carefully following the directions on the glue, and once that was dry the end caps were glued to the bottom of the saucer.



Water goes in the cup, and bird seed goes on the saucer! Viola!


1 comment:

  1. I love this! This would be a great idea for my 3rd graders to make for their moms for mother's day! I bet I could get the tea cups pretty cheap if I start looking for them at yard sales throughout the school year! I'm always looking for different ideas like this! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete