Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dress the Part II

Today we will explore the world of pre-made retro togs.

My all time FAVOURITE place to shop are my local thrift stores… for those of you who don't have good shops I have the following suggestions.

For authentic clothes, the #1 best place online that I've found is Etsy.com

You can find nearly anything in any size if you are patient enough to search for it.

I've even found plus size vintage clothes:

1940's Dress
Current Size 18W-20W
1940-50's dress
Current Size 18W, Misses 20

1930's Day Dress
Current Size 26W-28W
1940's WWII Dress
Current Size Misses 14-16


To search for these and more vintage clothing items on Etsy, be sure to search in the vintage category. For example… Here is a search for a vintage extra large dress
A great resource for a modern take on vintage clothes is an online shop called ModCloth.
Unfortunately, most of their clothes are too small for me, but none the less, check this out!

Below are some of my fav. Modcloth finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment